The HIPPOBAG is a convenient and cost-effective alternative to a skip and makes the job of disposing your household, trade, garden and DIY waste easier than ever before. If you have any further queries about our product or service, please contact us on 0845 850 0 850 or read our FAQs.
If you plan to place your HIPPOBAG on a public highway or pathway:
- You may require a permit which can be obtained from your local authority before you place your HIPPOBAG onto a public highway or pathway. Please contact your local authority for advice and to make them aware of any disruption your work may cause.
- It is advisable to arrange a permit in plenty of time before you start the work.
- Permits can be obtained for a period of 1 day or up to 4 weeks. They can be renewed if your work takes longer than expected. We aim to collect your HIPPOBAG within 5 working days of booking.
- If you fail to obtain a permit where necessary, your HIPPOBAG could be removed by your local authority and you may incur a fee. If this situation occurs, please make us aware as we may apply a wasted journey fee if we attempt the collection and there is no HIPPOBAG.
There are a few safety measures to be aware of to ensure the safety of passing traffic and pedestrians:
- Please be sure the waste in the HIPPOBAG does not block any part of the road or pavement. A HIPPOBAG should not be overfilled and the waste should be contained within the HIPPOBAG.
- If the HIPPOBAG is placed on an unlit street, it would be advisable to attach hi res reflective strips or lamps to the HIPPOBAG to warn oncoming motorists.
- If possible, avoid blocking drains and manhole covers and utilities with the HIPPOBAG.
- Make sure any light waste is weighed down with bricks or heavier waste. It is advisable to cover the HIPPOBAG in the case of heavy rain.
If you have any further queries about the correct placement of a HIPPOBAG, obtaining a permit or health and safety concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 850 0 850.